For the sixth time, Garth Brooks walked away with the coveted Entertainer of the Year award at the 51st annual CMA Awards on Wednesday night.
The front-runners of the night, Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert, were both nominated for five awards, but both walked away with only one. Keith won Single of the Year, while Miranda won Female Vocalist of the Year for the seventh time.
Chris Stapleton and Brothers Osborne each nabbed two awards. Chris scored Album of the Year and Male Vocalist of the Year. Brothers Osborne won Vocal Duo of the Year for the second year in a row, along with the previously announced award for Video of the Year.
For the sixth consecutive year, Little Big Town was crowned Vocal Group of the Year. Although she wasn’t present to accept it, Taylor Swift snagged Song of the Year for “Better Man,” which is her first CMA Award since 2013.
Jon Pardi became emotional during his speech, after winning his first CMA award for New Artist of the Year.
- Entertainer of the Year – Garth Brooks
- Female Vocalist of the Year – Miranda Lambert
- Male Vocalist of the Year – Chris Stapleton
- Vocal Duo of the Year – Brothers Osborne
- Vocal Group of the Year – Little Big Town
- New Artist of the Year – Jon Pardi
- Album of the Year – Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 1
- Song of the Year – Taylor Swift – “Better Man”
- Musical Event of the Year – Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell – “Funny How Time Slips Away”
- Video of the Year – Brothers Osborne – “It Ain’t My Fault”
- Musician of the Year – Mac McAnally