Top resolutions for 2019 ... Lots of people decided they were going to forget about dieting and exercising till after the holidays, so it’s no surprise that those two things are the top resolutions for 2019. Here are the most popular resolutions for 2019:
- Exercising more – 71%
- Eating healthier – 71%
- Focusing on self-care (mental health, sleep, etc.) –55%
- Saving more money – 54%
- Learning a new skill or take up a new hobby – 38% (SWNS Digital)
The sad truth is that most people abandon their resolutions in less than two weeks. In fact, the second Friday in January is known as "Quitters' Day" -- because that's the day most people abandon their resolutions. (Independent)
If you need some help with sticking to those resolutions, here are some tips from experts:
1. Make your resolution as specific as possible: You have to set concrete goals that are clearly defined and not impossible to achieve.
2. Make your progress measurable: You have to be able to measure your achievements to keep yourself motivated and on track.
3. Be reasonable: Aim high, but not impossible to achieve.
4. Make sure you're invested: Choose a resolution that you actually care about so that you stay interested.
5. Set small goals that you can celebrate along your journey: Small successes keep you motivated. (NY Times)