The Ohio Department of Insurance is holding a virtual Medicare town hall 3pm Monday entitled "Everything You Need to Know About Medicare Open Enrollment."
The town hall will include a live webinar that will help Ohioans understand Medicare changes for 2022, how to compare options and select coverage, and ways to save money. Medicare open enrollment runs from October 15th to December 7th.
The department’s Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) Medicare experts, will:
- cover Medicare basics, such as eligibility and enrollment, Original Medicare Part A and Part B, secondary insurance, prescription drug coverage, and Medicare Advantage.
- Discuss factors affecting coverage decisions.
- Explain searching plan options by specific geographical area.
- Share income and resources figures for financial assistance eligibility.
- Provide tips to protect against Medicare fraud and report it.
- and answer questions.
Register for the webinar at www.insurance.ohio.gov.
OSHIIP is the state of Ohio’s official Medicare education and assistance program. For a schedule of open enrollment on-site and virtual Medicare Check-up Day events, visit www.insurance.ohio.gov. Staff is available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 1-800-686-1578 and OSHIIPmail@insurance.ohio.gov.
Ohioans can also call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week for Medicare help. Medicare plan information for 2022 is available at www.medicare.gov.