The Fayette County Memorial Hospital Foundation reports that thanks to the public’s generous donations, they can provide equipment and upgrades.
- Chemotherapy patients with weakened veins will have quicker more comfortable appointments through the use of equipment that aids in locating the veins
- Patients who have fallen can be picked up more quickly, safely and comfortably by Emergency Medical Services with the use of new Binder Lifts for each ambulance
- Surgery patients will have more complete post-surgery monitoring of their vitals with three new monitors;
- Trauma and surgery patients now have immediate access to warm fluids courtesy of a new fluid warmer
- And patients in the Specialty Clinic in Medical Arts Building 1 will have more sanitary, comfortable chairs in the waiting and exam rooms.
“The nearly $50,000 worth of equipment was requested by respective department leaders and approved by the foundation board with the ultimate goal of improving the overall patient experience and delivering the best care possible” said Foundation Executive Director Whitney Gentry. “Every investment the foundation makes is done with the goal of providing the most comfortable, efficient and safe care to the patient.”
Funds for the investments are from public donations and fundraisers done throughout the year by the foundation. “We are incredibly grateful to the community for their support of the work we do,” said Gentry.
To find out more about the FCMH Foundation or to make a donation visit the Foundation tab at www.fcmh.org
The mission of the FCMH Foundation is to forge the future of Fayette County Memorial Hospital by increasing awareness of needs and raising funds. The 501c(3) is governed by a 15 member board.