Because of the continuing health and safety concerns surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), the Carnegie Public Library in Washington CH remains closed.
They report the library will not reopen to the public on Monday, May 4th, as anticipated, but they are working to establish guidelines for how and when they can reopen in accordance with state orders and the most up-to-date health and safety recommendations.
When they do reopen, it may occur in phases. The first will include welcoming staff safely back.
They will then examine reopening to the public based on four conditions:
- State and local orders and recommendations.
- Library employees will be trained to provide service safely.
- Required and needed sanitation supplies are sufficient to keep library materials and facilities properly disinfected.
- Research from trusted organizations (like Battelle) must confirm the adequate length of time to quarantine returned materials.
Check the library’s website and social media accounts for updates. In the meantime:
- Request an eCard - https://www.cplwcho.org/ecard
- Check out our online resources - https://www.cplwcho.org/http%3A//cplwcho.org/content/info+
- Check out the Ohio Digital Library - https://ohdbks.overdrive.com/
- Download the Libby reading app - https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby/
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (@cplwcho) for updates and staff content. Subscribe to the Library’s YouTube Channel for virtual programs.
- For physical books, visit one of the Fayette County’s Little Free Libraries: https://littlefreelibrary.org/ourmap/
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus website and dashboard: www.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Ohio Department of Health Hotline: 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634
- Fayette County Health Department: https://www.faycohd.org/
For more information, visit cplwcho.org .