Fayette County Public Health (FCPH) has been working non-stop with other local agency partners to bring the most accurate information to our citizens regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic. Residents are urged to adhere to Governor DeWine and State Health Director, Dr. Amy Acton’s orders.
A few Fayette County Facts:
1. Testing is only occurring for those cases who meet a certain criteria as testing kits are very limited. This criteria is a direct procedure set by the Ohio Department of Health. (keep in mind testing will not change the course of treatment. If your symptoms are mild to moderate, you will still be asked to stay home.)
2. Persons with COVID-19 who have symptoms and were directed to care for themselves at home may discontinue home isolation under the following conditions: At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and, At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
FCPH Updated Hours of Operation:
On Monday 03/23/2020 FCPH began operating under ICS (Incident Command). To comply with the social distancing order staff was split into teams to alternate in office work/work from home. Limited Services Include By APPOINTMENT ONLY Monday – Thursday 8am-5pm: CLOSED FRIDAY. (This change is temporary as we continue to conduct response operations during the pandemic)
· Nursing Services
· Reproductive Health & Wellness
· Environmental Health
· Vivitrol Clinics
SPECIAL NOTES – .
· Only patients will be allowed in the building.
· Children will not be allowed in the building unless they are the patient.
· Only ONE caregiver will be allowed in the building for child patients.
· For situations where the patient is a person with a disability or impairment and they require caregiving assistance, one caregiver per patient will be allowed.
· WIC clients - Please bring all documents for Re-Certifications.
· Vital Statistics (Birth & Death Certificates) – Please call from the parking lot so that your certificate may be prepared prior to entering the building. Call 740-335-5910.
· Environmental Services - including wells, septic systems, food service, plumbing, parks, camps and building reviews: Please communicate with us or a member of our environmental division via phone as much as possible – 740-333-3590. Please expect some delays.
· Help Me Grow referrals – Please call 740-335-5111, 1-800-755-GROW or visit this link: https://odhgateway.odh.ohio.gov/ochids/public/refer
To schedule an appointment or for all other inquiries, call the following numbers:
WIC – 740-333-3552
Help Me Grow – 740-335-5111
Environmental Health – 740-333-3590
All other departments – 740-335-5910