A number of local students were recognized for their digital media skills at Ohio University Southern's annual Student EMPixx Awards Ceremony on Friday.
Southeastern High School earned first place awards in the Independent and Sports News Feature categories, while also picking up second place recognition in Video Commercial and Sports News Feature categories.
Students in Chillicothe High School's media arts program, which is a satellite program of the Pickaway-Ross Career & Technology Center, received first-place in the Entertainment, News Feature/Story, and Video Commercial categories; they also earned a second place award through CHS senior Justin Wood's efforts in the Animation category.
The Student EMPixx Awards event is hosted by the Electronic Media Department of Ohio University Southern, recognizing "high-school level video production and computer animation excellence."
2019 EMPixx Award Winners
- 2nd Place - Chillicothe High School, "Plug Walk" by Justin Wood
- 1st Place - Pike County Career and Technical Center, "Chunky Kitty" by Regan Shreve
- 2nd Place - Lewis County High School, "KC’s Photo’s" by Kylee Coffield
- 1st Place - Fairland High School, "America the Beautiful" by Kelsie Warnock
- 2nd Place - Chesapeake High School, "NY Lip Dub" by Ryan Frasure and Kamrym Hesson
- 1st Place - Chillicothe High School, "Cavalier Creed" by Cameron Snowden, Julian Villarreal, Justin Wood, and Hannah Dalaba
- 2nd Place - Fairland High School, "Jungle Toast" by Luke Colegrove, Kyle Rankin, and Clayton Bloss
- 1st Place - Southeastern High School, "Toasty Salesman" by Ryan Dixson, Lucas, and Kate Kuperk
- 2nd Place - Fairland High School, "High as a Kite" by Joshua Cyrus
- 1st Place - Lewis County High School, "Delaney’s Art" by Delaney Gump
- 2nd Place - Fairland High School, "FHS News" by Jade Watson, Haleigh Fuller, Katie Walters, Caitlynn Johnson, Cassie Peters, Baylor Pyles, and Haley Fergusen
- 1st Place - Chesapeake High School, "Chesapeake News" by Carly Harkless, Kamayn Hesson, Katie Haynes, Ryan Frasure, Bre Mullins, Brandon Williams, Elijah Mills, Karrah Parsons, Connor Archer, Trey Hicks, and Derek Plybon
- 2nd Place - Chesapeake High School, "Bio Med" by Derek Plybon
- 1st Place - Chillicothe High School, "Science Recycling" by McKenna Reed, Ryan Beardsley, Courtland Duncan, Malachi Mitchell, and Daniel Haller
Sports News Feature
- 2nd Place - Southeastern High School, "Long Jump Giants" by Ally Skeens, Ameris Cooper, and Dantasia Tyler-Withrow
- 1st place - Southeastern High School, "Ross County Rebels" by Benjamin Coran, Aramis Gibson, and Brock Fisher
- 2nd Place - Southeastern High School, "Red Cross" by David Hall, Cameron Hall, and Holden Hartman
- 1st Place - Chillicothe High School, "Reach Higher" by Braedon Jones, Julian Villarreal, Courtland Duncan, Jaymie Grim, and Logan Snowden
Best of Show - Lewis County High School, "The Scary Toast Door" by Sky Nichols, Emily Kraus, Ricky Osborne, Cole Kemper, and Ian McDougal
Director's Choice - Ironton High School, "Memorial Mr. Ross Ironton High School Newscast Tiger Talk News Ep. 11: Memorial" by Chance Mays, Drew Williams, Brandon Warden, Hannah Lynd, David Chapman, Stephen Beckett, and Matt Delawder