Have a tough time keeping up with your to-do list? You’re not alone. A new survey found that the average American is currently putting off 14 things on their to-do list, while 21 percent say they are actually putting off 20 or more tasks.
60 percent say they are currently putting off basic life tasks such as cleaning, going to the bank, or even filing their taxes because they just don’t have the time.
The survey found that Americans are so busy, they only have four hours and 26 minutes of free time a week. 40 percent said they have less than that amount of free time each week. And 59 percent of respondents say it’s hard to keep their life organized with everything they have going on.
Here are the Top 10 "Life Administration" Tasks Americans are Putting Off:
- Doing odd jobs around the house -- 37%
- Going for medical check-ups -- 36%
- Organizing cabinets/spring cleaning -- 34%
- Paying bills -- 33%
- Sorting paperwork -- 32%
- Taking unwanted items to the store or selling them online -- 30%
- Fixing or mending items/clothing -- 30%
- Getting a haircut -- 30%
- Catching up with friends -- 29%
- Budget planning/reviewing finances -- 29% (SWNS)