No sick day … A new survey found that one-third of employees have called in sick when they weren’t. The top reasons for taking a “sick” day were:
- Rest and chill out: 50%
- Spend time with family: 30%
- Run errands and take care of personal matters: 21%
- Don’t want to travel to work in foul weather: 17%
The survey found that while people do play hooky from work, most don’t do it that often.
- 68% say they do it less than once a year.
- 12% say they do it once a year.
- 15% say they fake sick every three to six months
- 5% say they call in “sick” once a month
Oh, and a couple FYIs … January is the most popular month to play hooky from work, and saying you have the flu is the best excuse for calling in sick, according to a survey. (The Ladders)