The Most Cringe-Worthy Office Lingo

Cringe-worthy office lingo … "Thinking outside the box" ... "Giving it 110 percent" ... "Pushing the envelope." According to a new survey, more than 70 percent of us are guilty of using these cringe-worthy office lines … and the other 30 percent of us are annoyed every time we hear them!

Here are the some of the most cringe-worthy phrases used at the office (from a list of 40):

  • Give 110 percent
  • Think outside the box
  • Hammer it out
  • Heavy lifting
  • Throw them under the bus
  • Pushing the envelope
  • Win-win situation
  • Blue-sky thinking
  • Synergy
  • Low-hanging fruit
  • Take it to the next level
  • Barking up the wrong tree
  • Let's ballpark this
  • Run this up the flagpole
  • Back to square one
  • Paradigm shift
  • Elephant in the room
  • Raise the bar
  • Drill down
  • Deep dive
  • Skin in the game
  • Touch base
  • Play hardball
  • Don't reinvent the wheel
  • Kept in the loop/I’ll loop you in
  • The bottom line
  • Team player

(SWNS Digital)

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content