Johnny Cash: Forever Words -- an album of songs created from his poetry, lyrics and letters, and sung by contemporary artists -- comes out on April 6th.
The record is co-produced by Johnny and June's son John Carter Cash, and features performances by Chris Cornell, Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves, Rosanne Cash, Alison Krauss and Union Station, Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, John Mellencamp, Carlene Carter, Elvis Costello, The Jayhawks and more.
John Carter says, "I picked the artists who are most connected with my father, who had a personal story that was connected with Dad. It became an exciting endeavor to go through these works, to put them together and present them to different people who could finish them in a way that I believed that Dad would have wanted."
Johnny Cash: Forever Words
- "Forever/I Still Miss Someone" - Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson
- "To June This Morning" - Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves
- "Gold All Over the Ground" - Brad Paisley
- "You Never Knew My Mind" - Chris Cornell
- "The Captain's Daughter" - Alison Krauss and Union Station
- "Jellico Coal Man" - T. Bone Burnett
- "The Walking Wounded" - Rosanne Cash
- "Them Double Blues" - John Mellencamp
- "Body on Body" - Jewel
- "I'll Still Love You" - Elvis Costello
- "June's Sundown" - Carlene Carter
- "He Bore It All" - Daily and Vincent
- "Chinky Pin Hill" - I'm With Her
- "Goin', Goin', Gone" - Robert Glasper featuring Ro James, and Anu Sun
- "What Would I Dreamer Do?" - The Jayhawks
- "Spirit Rider" – Jamey Johnson